Sunday, August 10, 2008

More food p*rn

Since Ed and I got back from India in early July I can't seem to stop baking. I've just been craving comfort food. Here are some photos of the latest things that I've baked. When we moved recently I discovered that I had a big stash of almond meal so I've been trying to think of recipes that would enable me to use some of it up. I came across a recipe for an almond and rhubarb jalousie (not really sure what a jalousie is but it seems to involve pastry). Here is a image of the jalouise being assembled. I decided to add some mixed berries to the filling as I didn't have enough stewed rhubarb.



Before baking.



And fresh out of the oven.



This weekend I also had my first attempt at baking sourdough bread from a starter that Princess Bek had given to Princess Rebecca who then passed it on to me (See the Princessi stitch n bitch blog for references to these lovely ladies). It's an easy recipe which requires no kneading however you must be organised as you need to start preparing for the bread two days before you bake it. Here is a photo of the sourdough straight out of the oven.



Here is a photo of it turned out, still piping hot. It looks a bit warty but otherwise appears to resemble a loaf of bread.



Slices of piping hot sourdough just before they were drowned in butter and devoured by Ed and myself.

3 comments:

Ed said...

That be good food p*rn babe! I got to say that I've greatly enjoyed your mad spate of baking since we came back from India. Hugs.

Cinema Minima said...

Now I'm really hungry. Gotta go.

Ed said...

I reckon you should write a blog about disco being the kiss of death on dance. And Jason's v. annoying habit of saying 'Yeah?' as a question that is self answering... The implication of it being that you can't say no to it. Hope you are having a great day. Hugs.