Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The joy of ebay

Ed and I have recently discovered the joy of selling stuff on ebay. It's so much fun and a great way to get rid of the usless stuff you have lying around your home. For instance, Ed was given an incredibly tacky ashtray that has a carving of a naked woman on it which he doesn't need anymore (when do you ever need an ashtray with a naked chick on it?) so he has put it up on ebay to hopefully offload it onto someone who thinks that that sort of thing is classy. After he had posted it up for $2, I was checking that I would be able to find it by searching for 'woman ashtray' and found another ashtray with a naked woman on it in a slightly different position to Ed's but otherwise identical. This ashtray sold for $80! There were 12 bidders! Who would have thought? Hopefully now the unsuccessful bidders from that ashtray will begin a bidding war for our ashtray. Fingers crossed!

7 comments:

Ed said...

Yay another post!

I hope someone bids on it...no bids yet, but it is still a bargain price compared to the other one we found... We can always relist it with a bit different title if it doesn't sell. I'm hoping to cover at least equivalent of one rent payment from e-commerce... but we shall see.

Alana said...

How much procrastination have you indulged in today?

Ed said...

Actually I have got my 1000 words written, and I have prepared for my tutorials tomorrow. I have been procrastinating, but I have got some things done too. I have not posted on any blogs barring yours, and only returned one email otherwise.

Ed said...

Your shoes now have 5 people watching them! Bid damm them, bid!

Ed said...

For the record our ashtray with naked chick only sold for 9.50 though. I have only just recieved payment for it and other bits and pieces. Hope you post again soon.

Ed said...

I think you should do a review-story about that bar you went to last night, so I have something new to read on the interweb today.

Love you.
Ed

Ed said...

Now I am just going to spam your threads... I demand another post!