Saturday, April 21, 2007

We escaping Melbourne winter (briefly)

Yay! So I've just booked tickets to go visit my brother Tony in Cairns where he is stationed for six months whilst working for the Bereau of Meterology. It's tough, really. He has to rough it in a four and a half star resort for the whole time which work pays for! So Eduardo and I are going for a visit at the end of June to escape Melbourne's winter which we will have endure for a month at that time. Although it's already getting a little chilly around here. It's gonna be great. Maybe we'll go sky diving or white water rafting or scubaing, like my brother did this week and met Wally the giant mauri wrasse! See pic below.

1 comment:

Ed said...

I am very much looking forward to Cairns. I tell you what though, your brother seems to have some things figured out. He has hot weather and free accomodation, meanwhile we shiver and pay bucketloads for rent in Melbourne. Anyway I hope the water is still warm and clear by the time we get up there.