Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Give me the simple life

Recently my boyfriend/partner (i've never liked either of those words and don't think that they accurately represent our relationship but I am yet to think of something better) and I decided to get new mobile phones. We decided to go with Optus because we already had our home phone through them and we wanted to organise Broadband for our home computer aswell and thought that we might be able to get a decent deal if we packaged the lot. As it was during the post-xmas mobile phone rush the handset model that we chose was not in stock, so we were given our SIM cards and sent on our merry way. Of course we gave them our home phone number so that they could contact us when our handsets arrived. We were told that they should arrive within the week. One week later I call up and am told that they are still waiting for them and that I should never fear because I will definately be contacted when they arrive into the store. Another week passes. I call up again and am told that the handsets had already arrived a couple of days ago and didn't I get the message on my voicemail???? How could I when I didn't have the handset to put my SIM card into to receive the voicemail message about picking up the handset? It's mindboggling! When I enquired at the store whilst picking up said handsets why they had left a voicemail message and not called the home phone like we had requested I received no reply and no apology. It seems they really do have people living the simple life working at Optus.

2 comments:

Chai said...

Try www.isim.com.au
No flagfall. ie. a 5 second call costs < 4 cents. They're an optus reseller.

Chai said...

Oh, I make a lot of 5 second calls.